Trustruby allows buyers who had made a purchase or had an experience with the customer service of some company, to write a review and give feedback to the company. Also, Trustruby allows shoppers gather valuable insights about a company and make an informed decision before buying a product.
In this article, we will explain the so-called "customer journey" for reviews.
We will take a look at two scenarios:
- The potential customer has not yet decided to buy a product and wants to make sure the company can be trusted.
- The customer has bought a product or service and wants to share his experience with the review community.
Let's talk about the first scenario. We can break down the customer journey into a few steps:
- The potential customer has discovered a company which offers a product that the potential customer wants to buy
- The potential customer wants to make sure that the company is a legit business, products are of high quality and takes good care of its customers
- The potential customer starts searching for reviews and discovers the company profile for reviews on TrustRuby.
- Next, the potential customer reads through the list of reviews and also notices the company score
- Finally, she makes the decision to buy or not to buy the product she initially wanted.
This is clearly helpful for buyers, because it reflects the processes from the company - if people are writing nice things about them, then they can be trusted, but if customers leave negative reviews or are asking for help and yet they don't get any response, it is probably an indicator that company has a questionable customer policy.
Now, let's take a look at the second scenario. This journey can be divided in steps as well:
- After the customer has bought the product and started using it, she decides to give feedback to the company
- The customer comes to trustruby.com and writes the review
- The review is displayed immediately on the company's profile page
- An automatic process will do a thorough check to make sure the review is not fake
- If another member of the community notices a suspicious review, he can contact the quality-check team
- The review may be manually removed if it violates the established review guidelines
- The customer can update the review
Deciding to give honest feedback to companies
Users can easily review a company and be helpful to the community and other online consumers. Since online reviews are a huge impact factor in the buying process, giving a review can decide who will be earning (more) money, but also it can be a way for the company to learn what can be improved.
Writing the customer review
Useful customer reviews outline the entire shopping experience, including specific details and feedback for the customer service, if it was involved. Honest reviews are trustworthy and come from verified sales. Valuable customer feedback also includes a constructive advice on what the company can do better in future.
Displaying the review
Once the review has been written and submitted, it will immediately appear on the company profile. If the company profile is already claimed by the company, they will be notified and will be able to leave reply to the review.
Simultaneously, the company TrustScore will be updated.
Automated review check
Although the review is displayed immediately, our systems will make a thorough check whether the review is fake. If the system finds suspicious parts, it will notify the quality team, which will conduct a manual check.
Community members can report reviews that violate the review guidelines, like for example, they contain hate speech, insults or personal information. In this case the quality team will perform a manual action to remove the review from the company page.
Updating reviews is part of the customer journey. Reviewers are allowed to submit one review per company, but they are allowed to edit it as many times as they want. If they reviewed a company three months ago, and now they do it again, the review will be updated to reflect their latest customer experience. However, the company will be notified that an existing reviewer has updated their review.